As of July 1, 2017, Coatsburg had a total population of about one hundred and eighty-four (184). In Illinois, Coatsburg is ranked in the lower quartile for diversity index when making a comparison with other towns, cities and other Census Designated Places (CDPs). Coatsburg, having the coordinates of the latitude of 40.0324 N and longitude -91.1602 W, is located in the Adams County. The village of the Coatsburg is bounded by an area of land of 0.12 sq. Miles and an area of 0 sq. Containing water. The village is located within the Honey Creek Township of Adams City.
Honey Creek Township
The Coatsburg in Illinois might be a small village depending on the total area, but it is surrounded by several interesting places that will make your stay hitch-free. The smaller number of people in the area makes the place a conducive environment for people to stay.
The Adams County has a time zone of GMT-6 (this makes it located in the Central Time Zone) with an elevation of 758 feet. The village of Coatsburg has a C1 Census Class Code, and it is indicated as an active incorporated place because it does not serve as a subdivision to county equivalent. It is also identified as an active government that provides primary general-functions because it has an “A” as a Functional Status Code.
Natural Disasters in Coatsburg
The total number of natural disasters that occur in the Coatsburg village of the Adams County is far greater than the average US disasters. The causes of natural disasters in the Adams County are floods, storms, tornadoes, snow, hurricane, snowstorm, wind, and the winter storm.
The people living in the Coatsburg village have access to several amenities. They have access to hospitals and medical centers that are located not too far from them. Below are some of the nearest hospitals and medical centers:
– The timber point healthcare center is a nursing home located about 6 miles away at the Camp Point, Illinois
– Golden good shepherd home is a nursing home located at about 9 miles away from Coatsburg at Golden, Illinois
– North Adams Home is also a nursing home located at about 9 miles away from Coatsburg at Mendon, Illinois
– Golden Good Shepherd Home is a Nursing Home located at about 9 Miles Away from Coatsburg at Golden, Illinois
– St Vincent’s Home- a Nursing Home located at About 14 Miles Away from Coatsburg at Quincy, Illinois
– St Mary Hospital Inc. is a hospital, located at about 15 Miles Away from Coatsburg at Quincy, Illinois
– Sycamore Healthcare Centre is a Nursing Home located at about 15 Miles Away from Coatsburg, Quincy, Illinois
– Blessing Hospital is an Acute Care Hospital located about 15 Miles Away from Coatsburg, Quincy, Illinois
Moreover, there is access to quality education by the people living in the Coatsburg because they have different universities and colleges near them. Some of which include:
– Western Illinois University which is located about 40 miles away at Macomb, Illinois with full-time enrollment of about 10,755
– South-eastern Community College which is about 55 miles away from Coatsburg, West Burlington, IA with full-time enrollment of about 2,251
– Truman State University located about 76 miles away at Kirksville, MO with full-time enrollment of about 5,553
– Moberly Area Community College is located about 81 miles away at Moberly, MO with full-time enrollment of about 3,977
– The University of Illinois located in Springfield and is about 85 miles away from Coatsburg, Springfield, IL with full-time enrollment of about 3,748
– Lincoln Land Community College which is about 85 miles away from Coatsburg; Springfield, Illinois with full-time enrollment of about 5,460
– Lewis and Clark Community College of about 91 miles away from Coatsburg at Godfrey, Illinois with full-time enrollment of about 4,189.